From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, December 18, 2006

And So It Continues…

I am surviving. Barely. The past few days I have eaten nothing but junk. I stayed within my calorie range too, which means that I didn’t eat the kind of things I should eat and instead splurged on things like white chocolate covered popcorn (yum!) and Loft house cookies (those suckers are addictive) instead of having actual meals. Yesterday morning I had half a chocolate bar for breakfast. That’s not healthy. I’m surprised I haven’t succumbed to a sugar overdose. Seriously, I just got a paper cut right now and I think frosting came out. This is really, really difficult guys. It seems like my husband’s family are constantly in the kitchen eating something, too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people continuously graze like this, from first thing in the morning until well after midnight. Cake, pie, chocolates, pizza; the list goes on and on. I’ve had to resort to things like locking myself in my bedroom and folding laundry. Or like yesterday morning when I used the candy bar high to fuel a scrubbing down of my entire bathroom. I also have started taking long bubble baths with a good book, anything to avoid being in the kitchen with all that crap. I figure if all else fails, I can just go find a corner, curl up into the fetal position, and whimper my way through this madness. Please, cross your fingers for me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. And they aren't grossly obese people?? I don't like them already. Hehe

You're doing really well, and if cleaning and laundry is helping, then keep doing that... they may consider you "unsociable, but a good housewife" haha Stay strong!! We're rooting for you!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

That is so hard to deal with, especially in your own house! Is there any way you can slip in healthy type treats or fruit or soemthing, so that when you are eating you at least have something good to choose from.

If that fails at least you will have a very clean house!

Stay strong, its just one week (maybe two) out of the entire year, it may seem hard, but I know you are up for the challenge.

:-)

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home