From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back With A Roar, Or At Least With Better Than A Whimper

Today, for the fifty millionth time since Christmas, I made an effort to get back at it. The day went well but I was so tired when I got home this afternoon that I ended up taking a two hour nap. Ha! I love how getting back on track saps my energy! But after I woke up I did the introductory workout on my new pilates dvd. It was actually pretty cool. I also suck so bad at it, that it should be fun to see how much I can improve myself. Seriously, I have no balance, no flexibility, and no endurance. So here's to improvement. On a different, more random note... Every once in a blue moon I wonder if I should have my thyroid checked. I'm always so tired (no matter how much sleep I get) and often feel lethargic and unfocused. I also notice that I get cold easily. I've heard that these are symptoms of low thyroid and I do know that there is a slight family history of it (one of my aunts has hypothyroidism.) Yet in the end, I think that the doctor would say that I'm fine. Maybe I just think it would be easier if I had some valid medical excuse for the fact that I often feel completely unmotivated, spacey, and given the choice I would do, in the great words of Peter from the movie Office Space, Nothing. I would feel kind of silly if I did go and get it tested and in the end it will turn out that I'm just lazy and need to wear a sweater.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I would go and get it tested anyway - especially if it runs in the family. I've been tested before, and it was negative. Especially if you constantly feel lethargic, and it could also be hindering any weight loss efforts.
Doctors are used to that kind of thing!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, how silly will you feel if you find out some years down the road that your hunch was correct and you could have been treated for it all those years? I'd go find out Yea or Nay; if it's Nay then you stop wondering, if it's Yea then ... Yay! it can be treated!

PatL (switched to Blogger beta and now I can't seem to log in for comments. Argh.)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

I'd get it checked, Lynne. It may turn out to be nothing, but it runs on my mom's side of the family and I've been tested 3 or 4 times. I exhibit some of the symptoms, but don't actually have the issue. Still, b/c it's so prevalent, they continue to check. And, even if it's not your thyroid, it could still be something else...and they may discover exactly what. Let us know how it goes!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I have a low thyroid. It's a simple test, a blood test.

If you are low you just take supplement pill every day. No biggie.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home