From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, January 12, 2007

A Case Of The Blahs

I'm struggling. I'll get back on track for a few days and then spend a few days eating like there's no stop. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble; here the holidays are over and now I'm having problems with the over eating? I've definitely put on a few pounds and it doesn't help that I've done zero exercise. I'm just feeling blah about everything and I hope it goes away soon. I mean, a couple more weeks of this and I'll have to scratch all my resolutions from the last post and just put down, "Stop gaining weight!" I guess I figured that after the new year I'd be all gung ho and ready to go and well... I'm not.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

Hang in there, Lynne! I think a lot of it just has to do with the time of year: let down from the holidays, no more holidays in sight until May, winter blahs, etc. Be patient with yourself and take it one day at a time. You will be back on track in no time!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

I agree with Jen. Be gentle with yourself and take it a day at a time - I know the healthy you will be back in the house soon!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Alea said...

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. I am too. I think sometimes we expect so much of ourselves and then we feel like we let us down when we don't comply with all the rules we make up for ourselves. Go easy on yourself and just hang in there. I know you will get back into it and I hope the feeling of blah-ness disappears very soon. Hugs!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Hey Lynne. I truly have almost written this exact same post for about three days in a row now, I'm just having a hard time putting it down in words.

I think Alea's analysis is spot-on though. Take it easy and know we're out there thinking of you and probably struggling with the same decisions.

I woke up this morning to try to read some blogs and get back in a good place, and I'm going to try to start the day with some healthy choices. After that, I'm just going to do the best I can. You can too sweetie. :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

I feel ya, Lynne! Sometimes it's hard to jump back in like how we were before. But it will happen! Just keep plugging away!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home