From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 12 ( One Year Later)

December 2005 Starting Weight: 178.9 Last Month’s Weigh-In: 132.2 Pre-Christmas Eating Weigh-In: 127.2 Today’s Weigh-In: 133.0 Ok, I’m reporting those numbers but I absolutely refuse to believe them. That’s actually the first time I posted a gain but I’m pretty sure that today’s particular number has more to do with left over holiday bloat than actual fat gained back. If that weigh in was accurate then it means that I would have gained six pounds from Christmas eating (I was only 127.2 about four days ago). According to my food journal and the whole 3500 extra calories not burned off equals a pound theory, then I should only have put on less than 2 pounds. Crap. So today is the one year anniversary of From Lynne To Lean and while I was a few shy of my goal weight, I have to say that I am pretty surprised by what I accomplished this year. I remember this day a year ago. I was uncomfortable from all the Christmas eating I had done, unhappy with my weight and feeling like it was near impossible to ever get it off. I wanted to get back to where I am now so much but I don’t think I really believed it to be within my reach. I don’t think at the time I realized just how much keeping this blog could make a difference. I just wanted to make sure I said to you all who have been here throughout the year, thank you so much! You guys really are the best and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

9 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Hi Lynne! Wow I am so proud of you right now. I know the gain is temporary and you will bounce right back.

I have to agree with Alea's comments - you are a true inspiration and have become a real friend to me this year. I am so proud to call you my blogging buddy and can't wait to see what you pull off in 2007. Your accomplishments this year hve been truly amazing!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it been a year??? Geez. That means I'm a year older and everything. Hmph. I am now reminded of all I DIDN'T do in the past year that I thought I would, so thanks for that. Heh

Yeah, that's a typical water weight gain, it will be gone in no time...

Congratulations on all you have accomplished this past year! Happy anniversary, From Lynne to Lean!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cow, a year goes quick. and you did so brilliantly, well done :)

4:16 AM  
Blogger wife2abadge said...

I'm sure you're right and most of it is bloating.

So, how do you feel about everything now? Do you like the way you look? Are you satisfied? Is it ridiculously difficult to keep your weight down?

9:17 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Wow, you've done an incredible thing this past year! Congratulations to you!

11:56 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Fantastic progress, girlie!

10:37 AM  
Blogger yoyogurl said...

Congratulations on all your progress. You are an inspiration. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Hey Lynne, Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!!

Try not to stress too much about your December result (it happened to me too lol) I am sure it wont be long at all now and you will be at your goal. You have what it takes to do it - so go for it

Love

Joc

5:06 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Holy crap, you've done AWESOME!!!

Good for you girl!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home