From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

That's Right, One Day At A Time

Ok, so far this week things are going well. I changed up the types of things I've been eating just to give me some variety and I've just been taking it one day at a time, no pressure. I'm feeling really good lately and it's helped me get back on track. Which reminds me that I didn't give you guys any update on my doctor's appointment. So all the tests came back normal and the doctor suggested that the next step would be using a sleeping aid to see if that was the real culprit in causing the fatigue and unfocused feelings I've had for awhile now. Let me just tell you that I didn't realize how long it's been since I've had a good night sleep! I have frequent insomnia a few times a week, and have trouble staying asleep and often wake up three or four times a night without reason. I think I've been having trouble with sleeping since starting grad school which means that it's been going on for almost two years. I go to work during the day and then school and practicum at night often pulling 50 to 55 hour weeks. It's not unusual for me to get home around 10:30 at night and on some of those nights I stay up studying or doing homework. Which means that my brain has trouble "shutting off" at the end of the day. But the past week and a half has shown me what good solid rest can do for me during the daytime. I'm setting up a bedtime routine to keep myself on this new sleep schedule so that after the prescription runs out I'll have good sleeping patterns set in place. It seems I am very thick headed because it took me two years and a trip to the doctor for blood work to find out that I need more sleep than intermittent napping can provide. So I hope all of you are having a wonderful week too, and good luck for the weekend! (I'm still pretending that I don't remember that Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend. I ususally spend the majority of the game glued to the chips and dip bowl and I still haven't come up with a surefire plan for avoiding this trap!)

3 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

Well, I'm so glad it wasn't anything more worrisome than sleep deprivation. In fact, it sounds a lot like being a middle-aged woman, which I know you aren't, but gee! It sounds like me, waking up, having trouble spinning down. And now that I'm getting ready to do this new weekend-long murder mystery event, I've been toying with the idea of asking my doctor for some sleep aids, too, just to make sure I can sleep in the midst of all the excitement so as to not be the one who blurts out, "But ------- did it!" and then realize I'm one of the PLAYERS and I'm supposed to be CONCEALING whodunnit and oh gee, they're never going to ask me to do one of these ever again, never mind that I have such a good excuse as not having slept for 78 hours! :o)

8:03 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

Miss Lynne, you've been quiet for a long time. Is everything OK?

7:56 PM  
Blogger wife2abadge said...

Where are you Lynne? We miss you!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home