From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Déjà vu

Man, I ate entirely way too much this weekend. And while part of the reason is the fact that it’s hard to stay on track when you’re staying with people who eat in a completely different way than you, the truest reason why I stuffed myself silly is because I can’t seem to get over this feeling of wanting to graze and eat to a point of uncomfortable fullness. It’s not like I didn’t have better options. I took up some nice healthy snacks with me only to bring them back home in full. It’s like my enjoyment of shoving down food (and food that is not good for me either nutritionally or caloric wise) with reckless abandon outweighs the consequences that I know will result from that kind of behavior. After looking over the past month of my food journal I’m determined to have one on track week. So I’m back here starting day 1. Hmm, this feels familiar, somehow like I’ve been here before...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

Welcome to my world, Lynne! But there is hope...today marks the start of my third week of renewed commitment to living a healthy lifestyle (including my relationships with food). So, it is doable! Slow going sometimes...but doable, nonetheless! Hang in there!

2:24 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

My problem with staying with other people is that I'm so out of my normal routine, and I'm often BORED. There's only so much socializing I can stand in a day, no matter how little I see my family, and if I was smart I would make plans to get away on my own for part of the day.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Have you been able to get any workouts in while in this out of your element/routine situation? I am finding more and more that a good workout schedule tends to get me back on track or help keep me there. It's hard for me to get back on the wagon food-wise without pumping some energy into my day. I've been a lurker but just thought I'd put in my two cents, hope it helps and if not you find your own way back, I think you will judging by your page.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Lynne I swear we are living on the same plane. I'm sorry I haven't been by here, I am sucking at everything right now. One week on plan. I think I could try that. I could do that. I did good today. So one day down. Six to go. Let's do this together!

Email me if you want - I'm always here to talk and support you!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home