From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ahhh, Vacation!

Hey guys! I just got back late last night from a week long vacation. It was one of those last minute decisions where we literally decided at 8 pm at night to wake up the next morning and spend a week at the beach. What a great idea and I needed a break from school/work/life like you wouldn't believe! We drove down to San Diego and crammed as many activities into the days as we could. Some activities were hectic like running all over the zoo and visiting museums in Balboa park, and others were just solely peaceful and beautiful like whale watching or sitting on the beach as the sun set. Sometimes you just have to go and look at the ocean and be amazed at its vastness and eternal beauty. Sometimes you just have to stand at its edge and appreciate it, and to feel how small and insignificant standing near it can make you feel. Ahhh, this vacation was worth it! Even the supposed 8 pound gain the scale showed this morning. When I left the scale said I was 133 pounds and today I weighed 141. I'm sure that's bloat that will go away after a few days (I hope!). I didn't watch what I ate, I just wasn't in the mood, and I guess it was enough to do some damage. If I wanted ice cream, I ate ice cream. If I wanted a burger and fries, I ate a burger and fries. Oh and there was a margarita with my chips and salsa at the Mexican restaurant in old town. And as I think about it, the list of "bad" food choices goes on and on. I feel fat right now but those meals are a part of some nice memories! I ate the burger and fries overlooking the sun setting at the beach, my husband and I snuggled together while we ate the ice cream, and we laughed about how sunburned our faces and tired our feet were as we sat and enjoyed that dinner in old town. So yeah, it was definitely worth it! Incidentally, my husband weighed himself this morning also and he gained all of 2 pounds. I think he actually ate worse than I did too. Eight pounds versus two, how does that happen?!

2 Comments:

Blogger tash said...

because boys suck...they really don't but their body reactions to food is appalling, do the crime do the time...isn't that what we've always been told? they just break that mold. B for boy can spend whole weekend stuffing his face with KFC and chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner and doesn't put on a pound. Me on the other hand, a pastry and skim milk latte and I'm living in my sweat (read "fat") pants!!
Glad you had a good holiday, damn, I'd kill for one of those.
Nice to see you're doing ok.
Stranger.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Alea said...

Thank you for the comment you left me! I've missed blogging too... :)

Sounds like you had a great time on your holiday! Good for you.

What is it with boys and food? Mine is exactly the same! He has a VERY sweet tooth and you wouldn't believe what he can eat without putting on a single pound while I just need to look at something and it's already there, at my hips or my stomach... Not fair! Ok, so the work he does is physically exhausting, and he plays floorball like 2 or 3 times a week... but still. I want my metabolism to be as effective as his! :)

Have a great week!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home