From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Body Talk

Stomach: I’m hungry! Let’s go get some Chinese take out! Mind: No. You can have a salad and some sugar free j-ello. Stomach: Screw you, Mind! Chinese take out it is! I’m sure Mouth agrees with me. Mind: I already told you no, Stomach. We're having food with at least some kind of nutritional value, not crap! Feet: Well I’m not driving to pick you up any food, Stomach, and I’m not standing in that kitchen while Hands makes a salad, Mind. I’m tired and I’m staying right here on this couch. Ass: I’m with Feet on this one. . . . Yes, this is the argument that I've been having with myself for the last hour. I'm proud of me for not giving into the urge to eat fried rice and orange chicken but I'm supposed to be working out right now and I just don't have the strength. I have just enough strength to feel guilty about not exercising but not enough to actually do something about it. So I think I'll just keep on laying here on this couch, hungry but too lazy to actually get up and make myself something to eat. By the way, as my body was having the above conversation with itself, the knee that I bruised from my fall yesterday was whining "Ouch! Hey everybody pay attention to me, I hurt!" the entire time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

I recognise that conversation! Boy do I. Well done for resisting the temptation.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yeah... That's an argument I'd only win if the nearest Chinese place didn't have food I liked.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home