From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Universe Always Evens Itself Out

First, the highlight of yesterday. My classmate noticed that my jeans were fitting a little loose and asked if I had lost weight. Yay! It’s so great when that happens. Trust me, I’m doing this for me but it helps to know that all this hard work is starting to make a visible difference. Ok, now the low point of yesterday. A mere two hours later while walking down the stairs of the university’s building, I totally caught my heel on the last step. Valiantly I tried to get my other foot out in front of me only to have the heel of that shoe catch in a cement crack forcing my ankle to buckle out underneath me. Propelled by the enormous weight of my backpack and ample body, I ended up landing on my knees on hard concrete. Yep, that was my Moment of Shame; biting it big time in front of a few of my classmates. One step up and then a big fall down on the Self-Esteem Meter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Ouch!

I've had more clumsy falls that I can count. My sympathies!

1:59 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Hey, don't worry about humiliating episodes like falling down - if you've ever watched a zany romance movie from the 1940's, that's the PERFECT opportunity to fall into the arms of the man of your dreams.

it could happen...

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a horrible thing... but atleast you had witnesses!!!! lol i clobbered myself in the head with a machine the other day and no one saw it, and didn't believe me till i came out with a shinner of a bruise!!!!!

great thing about them noticing you're losing weight... definitely a motivational booster when someone notices all the hard work you've been putting in

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home