From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Countdown

I’ve been putting off getting on to the scale because I tend to become obsessed with every little fluctuation of the scale’s readout. I get to the point where I’m weighing myself everyday and then soon things become hinged on those numbers and the scale can make or break my mood. I’m sure many of you can relate to the experience of feeling like you’re doing really good and then you get on the scale and are disappointed. I didn’t want to experience that so it’s actually been weeks now since I’ve weighed myself. Denise only ways herself once a month and when I first heard that, I thought that I could never go that long in between weigh-ins. Now though, I’m thinking this might be a good way for me to approach things. I think it will allow me to concentrate on being healthy and not obsessing with that little monster living on my bathroom floor. I’ve decided that I’ll weigh myself on Saturday, the 28th. I started my blog on December 28th and that will be a nice one-month mini anniversary. I know that I’ve lost some weight; my pants are starting to become more loose and then of course, there was the Shirt of Success. Now, it’s just a question of what the exact numbers will be. Hopefully to commemorate this day there will be a significant loss. Hmm, commemorate. I like that word. It sounds so significant, so milestone-ish, like there’s no turning back on this road to weight loss! What do you do to “commemorate” one month of fat busting? Dance around in loose jeans and the Shirt of Success?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to throw my scale away! But I just bought it and it's accurate so I won't. It has found a comfy spot in my hall closet though, and I've also decided to step on it only once a month just out of curiosity. Clothes are the best way to really tell your progress, but seeing a number go down is nice too. I get very grumpy when I've had a good week and the scale goes up. It could be water retention or some sort of body fluctuation or whatever, but I still head to the fridge with my "oh, what's the friggin' point!!" attitude and that's not good!

I say you celebrate by dancing any way you want - loose clothes, no clothes, whatever!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Hee hee, the Shirt of Success. When you put it on, do you pause a moment to bask in its glow Do you feel that somehow, your world is better the days you wear it? I'm imagining all kids of great things with this Shirt. Well done you, and good work staying off the scales! If I stay off for a day, I feel a little antsy.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Heehee! Yes Emma, the Shirt of Success does make my world a little bit more special when I wear it. For some reason it inspires me to stand around like a superhero with my arms on my hips, boobs pushed out and tummy sucked in.

11:52 AM  
Blogger tash said...

Hi, I'm new to blogger and have been reading your entries almost every day. I finally managed how to link you on my blog so now I can visit you for motivation, laughs and comfort. It's kind of nice to have support from all over the world isn't it?
I just bought a fat and water monitor scale, I kind of hate it but it has helped me start weighing again. For me it had gotten to the point where I didn't want to know what I weighed. I think you're on the right track.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home