From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mirror, Mirror

Last night I was feeling pretty good when I left the house. My jeans actually fit, instead of cutting into my stomach like normally. We went to some home furnishing stores and then I saw the mirrors. I looked so fat and uncomfortable. One moment you can feel so powerful and happy and then the next you can feel so insecure and discouraged. I was wearing really cute shoes and I had taken time with my makeup because I have been feeling so good about myself. Yet in the store mirror all I saw was fat. I hate that I don’t look like what I feel like. I think that I am changing on the inside and the outside is going to take longer to reflect that. If I can stay patient and positive then maybe these two things will eventually resemble each other.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I can relate. For the first few months that I was losing weight, I'd feel cute and skinny and then my husband would take pictures of me and I'd feel incredibly dejected -- I still looked so fat. The me in photographs took a while to catch up to the person I felt like after I started eating better and exercising. Hang in there; "patient and positive" is the way to go.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Better to be like that than the other way around - if you think you are beautiful, it will show but it's the kind of inner glow that mirrors don't reflect! I like to think that anyway :)

2:43 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oooh, I know how that goes! I just figure "I hate what I see now, but tomorrow I will be a tiny bit different because of the effort I'm putting in today. I won't be like this forever". It doesn't aleays work, but it can help.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

If you can work on loving what you see in the mirror or pictures now, it will make it infinitely easier to maintain a healthy weight later on. (Trust me, I didn't do that and regained 110 pounds. Twice.)

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mirrors in stores are evil. I somehow ended up with a full length mirror at home that makes everyone look slimmer and wonderful, my friends clamour for it when they're here. I always wonder why stores don't have mirrors like that, because they'd sell more stuff!! Feeling good inside WILL lead to looking better outside.. that's just the way it goes. Don't lose that!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home