From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

I tend to have a real extreme way of thinking when it comes to food. For me, there are really only two types of foods: "good", healthy food that is permitted for me to eat or "bad", naughty, taboo, don't even think about putting that in your mouth kind of food. While I admit that the whole food nazi approach is a little extreme, it's just easier for me when I start back on a program. It's comforting and reassuring to have rules when I start out; it gives me a feeling like, "Hey, I can do this." The first few days are always the hardest. Avoiding the "bad" foods is a lot like going through a bad break up. It's like having an ex-boyfriend that you know is bad for you but feels so good. Seriously, I'll be sitting at work and my leftover chinese food in the fridge just calls me. [phone rings] Me: Hello? Leftovers: Hey, it's me. Me: I told you, don't bother me at work! Besides, you know what I said, it's over! Leftovers: Ah baby, you don't mean that. Come on, why don't you tell your boss you're sick and come spend the afternoon with me? Me: No! Look, what we had was good but not good for me. I'm sorry, I just need to move on now. Leftovers: Oh please, you need me! You can't tell me that you're satisfied with that salad you've been running around with. You need hot and spicy, not a cold vegetable! Me: Hey! Salad is good, salad is dependable! I trust salad! [sigh] Look, maybe one day in the future we can be friends but right now this is just something I have to do. [click.] What's a girl to do? At least it's not the dirty rice calling again, he's such a pervert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home