From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Steely Dan

I’m feeling really good this week and I think I’m ready to start a little light exercise! The keyword here is “light”. Right now I break a sweat folding laundry so I plan to take it easy on my body to begin with. I own an elliptical machine that I have not used for many months/cakes/pizzas/vats of butter ago. So I’m trying to get myself all pumped up to commit to some kind of exercise routine. I was thinking of doing thirty minutes everyday after work on the elliptical machine for the first week and then take it from there depending on how I feel. I also think that I would be more inspired to work out if my elliptical machine had a sexy, manly name. I was considering something like Steely Dan. It certainly would make for some interesting phone conversations with friends.

[phone rings]

Me: [out of breath] Hello?

Friend: Hey, it’s me. Do you want to come over and hang out?

Me: [still out of breath] Sure but I need to take a shower first; I’m all hot and sweaty.

Friend: [interested] Really? So what have you been doing?

Me: [coyly] Well, I just spent the afternoon with Steely Dan.

Friend: [very interested] Really??

Me: Yes, and I worked up a real sweat, my legs are shaking so that I can barely walk and I think I’m a little dehydrated.

Friend: [impressed] Really???

Yep, Steely Dan. Maybe that’s enough to motivate me to get off the couch right now, knowing that the big fella is in there waiting for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Steely Dan, I love it, now get out there and work up a sweat with him LOL!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I am all about getting hot and sweaty, don't be too hard on yourself if 30 minutes turns out to be too much for your first time on it in months... Even 10 minutes would grow into 30 pretty quickly if you add on 5 minutes every time or every other time you do it with Steely Dan. :)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home