From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Splitting Hairs

I’m avoiding the scale this week. I’ve been doing so well with the food, the water and the exercise and I am scared that if I jump on there and see no change (or worse yet a small gain) I’ll be disappointed. Whenever I first start working out I always see a small gain. I know this, I accept this but I still feel discouraged by it so I’m just going to avoid seeing it altogether. I think I’ll give it another week before facing the numbers.

Do you guys have a “routine” or “tradition” when it comes to weighing in? I’m very ritualistic about weighing in. I always do it early in the morning when I’m wearing a pair of pajama shorts and tank top (as little clothes as possible!). I will not weigh myself if I’ve just taken a shower because I have a ton of long hair that holds water and I often wonder how much does that water add. I also often wonder how much my boobs weigh. I have some rather generous boobs. I’ve often had this crazy desire to plop them one at a time onto the scale and then subtract that from my weight total just to see how much they add. The only thing that stops me from doing this is knowing that it would officially move me from “She’s so crazy in a zany, quirky way” to “She’s so crazy in a straitjacket, no sharp objects way”. I think this is just some really silly thinking. As if I’d go around telling people, “Hey I’m fat but a lot of it is just boobs and hair.”

6 Comments:

Blogger I can't fit said...

I weigh myself almost every morning - butt assed naked - oh yeah - and holding my breath!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thing in the morning, naked, after I pee! I wouldn't hold my breath, doesn't air weigh something? Hehe

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

You guys are so funny! I think I hold my breath too but it's more in response to the fear of what the scale may actually say.
Another thing that I forgot to mention, I lock the bathroom door when I weigh myself. I'm scared someone may walk in and see the numbers. Again silly thinking, as if people wouldn't know I'm fat unless they knew the exact poundage! My gigantic ass has probably already clued them into that fact that I weigh alot. :)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

First thing in the morning (once a month), after peeing and blowing my nose, while exhaling mightily (air weighs something, right?) - no, I'm not crazy, why do you ask???

:-)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Hee! Denise, not only do I think you're not crazy, I actually think that's brilliant and am tempted to incorporate it into my own routine! On top of that I guess I could also include shaving my legs into the routine, too? That's not crazy either, right? :)
But seriously, how do you go a whole month without weighing yourself? Doesn't curiosity get the best of you?

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same issues with weight, eating, fearing the scale, etc. I did read one time that a pair of boobs in the D - DD range weighed about 25-30 pounds. I'm just full of useless information. Glad to have found your blog. Definitely bookmarking it!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home