From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hair To Dye For

So I first just wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for all your support and understanding. Thank you, joc, meg, donna, rete, and all of you readers for just being there. Sometimes losing weight is a process that is noticed by everyone around you but you still end up feeling very much alone. It’s amazing to find other people who understand all these crazy things. The past few entries have been a little long and heavy. That’s why I thought I’d write about something a little silly. Here’s what happened to me this past week: Like I have mentioned, I have a lot of long hair. About a year ago I was a blonde and decided to go back to brunette. I have been to three different hairdressers and because the difference in new growth and old dyed hair is so drastic, they have all had a hard time matching the colors. I always ended up having a different color on the crown of my head than what is on the ends of my hair. I figured that I’ve been spending a lot of money on my trips to the salons and have never been happy with the end results so I might as well give it a try myself. Right? Oh, I was so wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong! I tried to dye the top of my hair a really light brown to match the ends of my hair. Well, I ended up strawberry blonde on the top, coppery brown in the middle and green-tinged dirty blonde on the bottom. It was horrible and it was ugly and yes, 70% of it was a shade of green! (I’m still trying to figure out how that even happened! I followed the directions!) Needless to say, it was not exactly the look that I wanted to be rocking. The situation would have been funny except for the fact that it was growing out of my head. I have to admit I did some freaking out. I did some “Oh no, what did I do to myself!?! How am I going to fix this?!?!” panicking before I realized that I could just dye the whole thing a really deep chocolate brown. Two bottles of “Mocha Splash” hair dye later and I have to say that my hair color came out very nicely. I’m actually more pleased with this end result than with anything any of the hairdressers did and even after having to fix my mistake it was still cheaper. Are you asking yourself, “What does all this have to do with weight loss and fat?” Well, I’ll tell you. Even in the middle of all this chaos, panic and freaking out, this crazy thought actually passed through my strange, fat-obsessed mind, “Well I guess for once, just once, nobody will notice the size of my ass. They’ll be too busy staring at my Technicolor hair.” Oh, I have such a one-track mind!

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

VERY funny - thanks for the giggle!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I did that to my hair - bleached out the brown, but ended up with red tips, orange middles and platinum roots. Nice. Hahahah, you're funny!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

You are 2 funny! Glad to hear you were happy with the final fix though! :-)

10:14 PM  
Blogger I can't fit said...

Ohhh - chocolate brown hairs - sounds rather yummy (grin).

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

You're right, I can't fit! I did write a lot of food words in this post. "Strawberry" blonde, "Chocolate" brown, "Mocha Splash" hair dye... no wonder I was starving after I posted! I'm telling you, my mind never strays very far from the fridge.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home