From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lateness Is Not A Virtue

Well yesterday was back to school. I’m a graduate student and the first class of the new semester was last night. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to stop my horrible habit of being late; I don’t think I’ve ever been on time to anything. I managed to break this one right off the bat. I walked in the room about ten minutes after it started and was then faced with “The dreaded search for an open seat in a crowd of people”. You guys know what I’m talking about, right? You walk in the door, the teacher is already up there talking and everyone looks as your late ass walks in. Then you stand up there looking for an empty seat as everyone gets a good look at you. So of course the only open seat is at the front of the classroom at the end of a long row that is only accessible by squeezing my fat ass between the chairs of the eight people sitting in the front row and the table of the second row. It was a humbling moment, my friends. There I was in a heavy, too-tight coat, backpack on my shoulder, and purse in my hand trying to squeeze myself past these poor people. I could feel my ass grazing the table behind me as I tried not to whack anybody in the head with my bag, purse or ass. As expected, I can feel everyone watching me as I try to squeeze through. Tonight I’m going to get to class early and get a nice comfy seat in the back. Sometimes, it seems, if you can’t keep a resolution through sheer willpower then you can always rely on sheer embarrassment to keep you on track! . . . On a separate note, is anybody noticing trouble with my entries? I have the skill level of a trained monkey when it comes to working this blog and I noticed that when I logged on to my site at another computer that there were some problems. Mainly, html code in the middle of texts and missing text like what is typed under the dot,dot,dot thing (for example, the cleaning part of the last entry).

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I'm not having any problems...looks good to me!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh I hate that. It's so embarassing and then you get all clumsy because everyone is looking at you. I also hated studying because we had those flip over desk/seats and i could never squeeze into them.

3:00 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

Lynne, no problems here. You're doing great! Both in your writing and your persistence! Am I allowed to say, "Keep up the good work!"? If so, consider it said!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember seeing a few problems with some html showing up where it wasn't supposed to, but it's all gone now. I just figured it was a blogger thing and read around it!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Shrinking Girl said...

everything looks just fine to me and I've read your page at home and at a work!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home