From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Smug Bitch

Ha ha! Yes, I am a smug bitch sometimes. So far this morning I’ve had a large fuji apple (they’re my favorite and they’re absolutely delicious!), a big bowl of strawberries, and a light yogurt. And I’ve got all kinds of little goodies in my lunch bag to last me until tonight; I’ve got lots more fruit and yogurt, a cup of soup, a 100-calorie snack pack and some oatmeal, some almonds, and a nice salad. It’s awesome. And it’s funny, because I crack myself up at how pleased with myself I get when I’m eating like this and actually enjoying it. I totally have a little smirk on my face! And that's what's funny. I can be all down on myself like I was feeling over the past few posts but when I do a couple of things that feel right and like they're in line with my goals, I just bounce right back. And that's good. It shows me what I constantly forget: just when I think I've given my all and I'm ready to give up, I find that I still have more fight in me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, Lynne! I'm so glad for you that you are finding your groove again. Go to it!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your rss feed is broken. :(

Any chance it might be fixed? Your blog would be much easier to read that way.

3:04 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

You're inspiring me! I lost about 10 pounds from pure busyness but have been busily gaining it back. Back to the fruit for dinner routine ... that's what did it when I had no time for anything else! BJs has the most awesome bing cherries in 3-pound clamshells. I've been buying them two at a time and gobbling them down.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home