From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Aww, A Nice Pick Me Up For When I’m Down

The lovely and I must say talented Jeni nominated me as a Thinking Blogger! That is so sweet and needed because sometimes I think, “Is there anybody out there who enjoys reading this shit or are they humoring me by occasionally stopping by?” So it’s nice to know that I don’t stink! There are a lot of bloggers out there who I could tag with this award but I think the majority of the blogs I read have already been tagged. All I know is that the blogs that I read and comment on regularly deserve an award for what they do. I am constantly amazed by these incredible women who make me think everyday and I find you all so inspiring and wonderful. I think I could just go on and on about all of you. And speaking of “Thinking” I’ve been doing a lot of it lately. Mainly, why am I such a Negative Nancy and why have I only been able to put in mixed efforts into my weight loss instead of committing to it completely like I’ve done in the past. And I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there’s so much craziness in my life right now. I’ve been keeping a really hectic work, school, and internship schedule. Right now I average more than 50 hours a week. It’s really hard to balance things like family and homework and job requirements when you’re just running on empty. Hell, it’s hard for me to find time to do laundry or check the mail! But one of the biggest things weighing on me (pun intended) is my internship. Without going too much into things the internship site has really not kept up their end of things for us students and it has put us in a situation where we’re worried about fulfilling the requirements for our degree. Somehow I’ve become the unofficial spokesperson for us and have been working with our department and site to rectify things. It’s been extremely stressful and uncertain and I think that when I feel that way about a really important thing it leaks into other areas of my life. I’m stressed, I eat. I’m tired, I eat. I feel bad for eating so much, I eat some more. Vicious cycle! But I’m trying to fix it guys, really I am. I have to remind myself that taking care of me doesn’t mean self-soothing myself with hot fudge sundaes. In the end I’m not really helping me at all, in fact I’m just digging a hole for myself. There just isn’t any quick solution or fast fix to some of this stuff and I need to learn to be ok with that. To sum it all up: Twinkies do not equal Solutions!

1 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

Boy, isn't that the truth?! Overeating/unintelligent eating makes things sooooo much more difficult in the end, because you just keep sliding deeper into the pit of negativity, self pity, self hatred and the like. Even when everything around you is falling apart or exploding in your face, keep eating/exercising well, and you will immediately feel a sense of control. Which begets more control. Which begets more control. And so on, and so on, and so on... congrats, too, on the Thinking Blogger thingie. Yeee-haw!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home