From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Starting Over Yet Again

Well, I’m back at day one again. It started harmlessly enough. I went out to dinner with a friend and decided to order an entrée that is a favorite that I haven’t had in a long time because it’s more calories than is allotted in a day. Sure, I could have eaten half and then taken the rest home. I could have ordered a water with lemon instead of a regular coke. I could have said no thanks when my friend suggested that we order dessert. Hell, I could have suggested we share the dessert instead of us both ordering two different things just so we could try them both. But I didn’t and that’s how it innocently started. Then the next day I woke up and I kept going. My husband came home from being out of town for a week and I was excited to see him so I decided to celebrate with a huge meal and lots and lots of ice cream. Then the next day one of my really good friends came back into town and we decided to all get together for a girls lunch, and I thought hell I’d already blown it the last few days so I’ll order something that I really, really want and I’ll eat it all. And I did. And it didn’t stop after I left them and I got back home and that’s how I ended up eating homemade cookie dough all the way up until bedtime last night. Oh guys, even my big jeans are way too tight! Things are just not looking good.

4 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

Hey, Lynne...we've all done the exact same thing! Just draw a line and step over it, and keep on stepping! You'll be able to get back on track!!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne, I just discovered your blog a few weeks ago so I had to catch up with your whole story. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're struggling because I know exactly how you feel. Please take it from one who had successful weight loss (pretty close to my goal) 3 years ago, only to gain it ALL back plus more - you do not want to go down that road another time. Decide to stop it right now, and you will be so much happier in the long run. You can trust me on that one. (-: (I just started my journey back in the right direction a little over 2 weeks ago, and so far it's going well).

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there, done it (a few times) - don't beat yourself up. Just get back on track and do your best. ***HUGS*** If you need ideas, motivation, or whatever feel free to get in touch. Lady Rose

12:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean.

Just don't let it happen for as long as I did - I'm got back to where I started!

ARGH!

I was in denial. Take a photo of yourself not being able to fit into your fat pants. It will depress you, but also motivate you!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home