From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rebel Without A Cause (To Stop Eating)

I need to stop eating. This is just ridiculous. I just got back from spending a week in Southern Utah and in addition to enjoying the weather and the views, I ate way, way too much. I don’t know if it was the rustic cabin in the woods setting or what but the meals I ate were fit for a mountain man. I guess no tv, no internet, no telephone equals eating for entertainment. So now I’m home and I still can’t stop. My husband left to be out of town for another week today and I’ve spent the day eating ice cream, chips, drinking real coke (as opposed to diet) and my dinner consisted of a double bacon cheeseburger and large curly fries meal. To be honest, I’m eating cookie dough as we speak. And I know I shouldn’t be but I just want to and I can’t seem to scrape up enough desire to stop doing it right now. I know that some of you have written about sneak eating. I rarely ever do it anymore but as long as I can remember there have been times where I would binge eat when I’m alone. I used to love to be by myself, just me and my favorite food friends. Some people when they were teenagers would have big parties while their parents were out of town. My rebellion was inviting the $1 value menu home when I had the house to myself. I honestly can tell you that I have no idea why I do it. Growing up, my parents never monitored my eating habits or restricted what or when I could or couldn’t eat. My eating habits and food preferences were really a non-issue. Yet despite this, I have always loved to sneak eat by myself. Maybe it’s if no one sees it then it really didn’t happen? I don't know who I think I'm fooling because if I continue on like this, both my wallet and jeans will tell on me.

2 Comments:

Blogger runny_yolk said...

I do this all the time... last night I made myself two plates of nachos with cheese. Cause one wasn't enough?? Good luck!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I also do this. I 'treat' myself to my favourite foods after hard day or a boring day or a tiring day. Food is a drug, its my comfort.

I've just started my own weight loss journey and I've been reading other peoples blogs for inspiration.

Hang in there!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home