From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Warning: I Am About To Be “Negative Nancy” All Over This Place

Hi. Ok, I know a fat blog is about weight loss and all its ups and downs and not just a place to bitch and gripe but I really need to be a big, whiny baby right now. Please indulge me. So yesterday was my second year anniversary and it started off wonderfully. We both had the day off and had slept late and were just sitting around watching tv. I should have just kept on doing that. But instead I decided that my husband and I should take a trip to the mall. He had given me a gift certificate so I thought it would be really nice to stroll around the shops to burn a few calories before our big fancy dinner and maybe I’d even find something pretty to buy to wear that night. Well, after a couple of hours I just wanted to get the hell out of there before I burst into tears. What is with the new styles of clothing this season? All that shit looks the same and I can’t wear any of it. Everything seems to have that high empire waist and then a ton of material billowing out from it. I look pregnant in that crap! Everything is also way too long. It hits me right at my saddlebag thighs and makes my hips, thighs, and ass look huge. It draws so much attention to that area of my body that I am only one step away from pointing arrows and blinking lights strung around my ass. Then the sleeves are very short and full of elastic. The stuff I was trying on made my arms look like sausages in a tourniquet. You couldn’t design a more unflattering fit for my specific body type if you tried. I don’t know what I did to piss off the fashion industry but I’m thinking that the new trends are some kind of cruel personal shot at me. Yes, a few hours in a mall have made me paranoid. So I tried not to get too down after we left the mall empty handed. I was determined to go and have a nice, romantic dinner at this really beautiful restaurant. The view was incredible, the service was awesome, and the food was so, so good. Until towards the end of the meal I felt like I was going to vomit. Tell me if this has happened to any of you but I’d say within the last two years I’ve eaten more healthy than I ever have before and it’s actually affected my ability to eat rich, fried, heavy food. I have had a handful of times where I have actually gotten sick and been throwing up because the food was just too heavy for me. We actually had to rush the check and then drive home as fast as possible because I was afraid I was going to be sick like I have in previous times. I made it home but all our plans for that evening were ruined as I lay in my room in the dark trying not to throw up. Guys, I was (and am) just so disappointed with yesterday. Evidentially, according to store standards, I am too fat to fit into today’s new trends. I am supposedly so oddly shaped that they don’t even make clothes for girls that look like me. Yet because I have done so much to get healthy like eating only natural foods and 70 to 80 percent of my diet being fresh veggies and fruit, and trying to eat only whole grains, nuts, and cutting out all oil, fat, butter, etc. my body can’t handle something that’s been deep fried and covered in a sugar-based sauce. I get sick when I eat too many carbohydrates mixed with sugar and oil. There’s something about that mixture that is poison to my system. That’s some ironic shit: too fat for trendy clothes, too healthy for crap food.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alea said...

If only there was something I could say to make you feel better! Life's not fair sometimes and you'd deserve so much better. Screw the fashion industry and the stuff they make... I'm sure you look great - you did the last time I've seen your pics! - so the fault is with them and their clothes and not with your body! As for the being sick after eating greasy food? I've never experienced that... But then, I haven't really lost any considerable amount of weight, right? So yeah, basically I'm still the same old pig who is able to stuff my gut without any side effects. Apart from piling on the pounds, that is. Umm... wanna swap? :)Just kidding of course... Seriously though, being sick sucks. Especially on your anniversary! Try and look at it as another sign of how far you've come! Maybe you could celebrate again?

Ok, I guess it's time I put a stop to my ramblings... :)

Take care!

4:02 AM  
Blogger AlmostSexy said...

I know exactly what you mean, I hate those new billowy dresses made for twiglets that they are calling fashion. I think I'll just have to be un-fashionable for Spring/Summer 2007

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

It's too bad about your anniversary :( …and interestingly ironic. I just went clothes shopping last Friday and was disillusioned. I wish fashion were more diverse.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Sweetie, just know you are not alone! Ever since my foray into eating more natural foods and a heck of alot more veggies, fruits and whole grains, I pay severely if I overindulge any in anything heavy, fried, sweet, etc. I can have a few bites, but that's about it. Otherwise I'm left writhing in pain. In some way, I'm grateful...on the other hand it sucks. And I don't really understand it, either. (I also thing some of it has to do with getting older...) Anyway, try to remember the real reason for the celebration on your anniversary day. Think about your wonderful husband and your amazing relationship...and try not to dwell on things like some stupid standard that the fashion industry set. Trust me...the husband part is way more important. And he'll never go out of style. :-)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about your sucky day. But the fashion industry thing? Those billowy outfits don't look good on anybody. At all. They make anybody with any shape look pregnant, and they just don't do much of anything, positive or negative, for super thin girls. So hang in there - it's not just you!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Everything about that sucks big time, but can I say, you are not alone, there are others of us out here who have the same issues with the clothes styles, and the crap food, and I know that wont make you feel any better, but we do understand.

Take care.

5:07 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

Even when you whine you make me smile. I LOVE your writing, girlfriend.

But sorry it was such a bummer. Hang in there. It would have been even worse had you not shrunk to your current size!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home