From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I’m Such a Poseur

So I got my act together Monday and today is day three of being back to normal. Boy was Monday rough! After ten days of eating like a maniac it was so hard to go back to eating sensibly. And that really bothers me, I eat very well everyday and I’ve been at it for a long time. But it’s still not my true, natural way of eating. When left to my own devices I still overeat, snack way too much, and make bad choices. Co-workers, friends, family members always comment on what a healthy eater I am. I feel like that’s all a lie. I’m a fat girl pretending to eat well for weeks or even months at a time but deep down inside my eating habits aren’t really any different. I don’t know if that will ever change. I always read other bloggers who have really embraced eating healthy and exercising. They do it just for the sheer joy of doing it. But I don’t, I still exercise and eat healthy as a means to an end. I do it for the benefits only and I’d stop doing it tomorrow if weight loss and health were possible without it. I don’t know, maybe this is all just the detox talking! Either way, it doesn’t mean I’m going to give up. I’ll still find my way. And I know that everyday back to normal gets just a little bit easier.

1 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

It's ok, Lynne, to not "feel the love," but to act as if you do anyway. I just read in someone's blog that motivation is what comes AFTER action, not the other way around. But I wonder what if even after lots of action, the motivation never comes? You know, I actually thought yesterday: what if I got thin...and somehow was able to STAY thin without all the exercise? Would I still do it?? I thought long and hard...and I said, yes, I think I still would. Not because I LOVE it, but because of how it makes me feel, and how accomplished I feel afterwards, how strong...and, of course, the general health benefits. *sigh* Have you considered Overeaters Anonymous?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home