From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Apparently, Smug Goes Before A Fall

So the past few days kicked my ass unfortunately. It started out harmlessly enough, we went to a friend’s birthday party on Saturday night and it was catered with awesome Chinese food. So I ate. Then Sunday we went to dinner with friends at the Olive Garden. And I ate some more. It wasn’t that bad, it’s not like I think that actively trying to lose weight means that I’m never allowed to just eat a regular meal without worrying about it’s calorie content. The problem is that I have the tendency when I spend two days eating for pleasure to find myself on day three fantasizing about what wonderful possibilities there are to eat that day and maybe the next and so on and so forth. And this is why yesterday I had brownies for breakfast, a huge order of pad thai for lunch, jack in the box for dinner, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert. Just because. I had no other reason other than I felt like it. Luckily today I felt like getting back on plan. Eating like that makes me uncomfortable, bloated, lethargic, you name it. So today I once again have all my healthy goodies. I’m more of a slight bitch than a smug one but I’m climbing my way back up the self-satisfied ladder!

3 Comments:

Blogger FromShanToSlim said...

We all have our day(s). Like you, when I slip I also fantasize about how bad I potentially could be... and oftentimes I do it. But, life is worth living... and you don't have to stop enjoying good (and oh so bad) food once in a while. Life is too short to eat clean 100%. Atleast you have developed such a strong habit that you can tell the difference on the days you don't eat so well.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Hi
Just finished your blog. Listen....NEVER GIVE UP. Even on your bad days....NEVER GIVE UP....your successes mean more than the failures. I am rooting for you and will be back to see your progress. I am glad and proud that you are back on the path because that path equals FREEDOM plain and simple. I am coming to realise that discipline equals freedom.
Go for it.

7:58 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

"yesterday I had brownies for breakfast, a huge order of pad thai for lunch, jack in the box for dinner, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert." Girlfriend, sometimes you just stun me with your honesty and humor. No way would I ever confess publicly to that! I admire you no end. Nice to have you back blogging. Can't say as I'll stop by often, but when I do I'll read back to the last one I read. Congrats on nearing the end, education-intake-wise! Woo hoo!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home